Definition - Connecting with God
Sozo is a ministry of seeing people freed from the wounds and control of past hurts and influences. It is a unique inner healing and deliverance ministry in which the main aim is to get to the root of those things hindering your personal connection with the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Sozo is the Greek word translated in the New Testament as, "saved, healed, delivered" and contains the whole package of being made whole or well.
The Greek word "sozo" is used in these verses, among many others:
"That if you confess with your mouth Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead you shall be saved (sozo)." Romans 10:9
"For the Son of Man came to seek and to save (sozo)." Luke 19:10
"But Jesus turning and seeing her said, 'Daughter take courage, your faith has made you well (sozo) and at once the woman was made well (sozo)." Matthew 9:22
"And those who had seen it reported to them how the man who was demon-possessed had been made well (sozo)." Luke 8:36
How it Works - Ministry Sessions
Sozo ministers have been trained in the use of several tools that have helped many people come to health and freedom. A Sozo session may last 2-4 hours and is conducted by two or three team members. This session can bring a person into an improved relationship with the Godhead quickly because of Holy Spirit's ability to go straight to the problem. The Sozo team will sit down with the client and, with the help of the Holy Spirit, walk through the process to freedom and wholeness. A Sozo session can help an individual by identifying the things in the person's life that block or hinder her/his relationship with God. Once these things are removed the person can then move forward in relationship with the Godhead at a new level bringing him/her to freedom and healing.
Sozo is not for counseling or finding direction in one's life. These things might happen in a Sozo session as Holy Spirit directs what is needed for the individual; however it is not the main goal of Sozo. The main goal is moving the person to a place of hearing God his/herself so that the counsel and direction of the Lord can be communicated to the person even outside of a Sozo or counseling session.
Contact Us - We Would Like to Help
For more information or to make an appointment for a Sozo session please call Well of Life Church at 940-325-0755 or email . Office hours are 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon. If you have questions we will be glad to answer them before you come for ministry. You will be asked to fill out the Sozo Ministry Application & Liability Release form before the appointment for a session is scheduled. Well of Life Church Sozo Ministry will negotiate a good time for you to come, hopefully at your convenience. We suggest that a $50 donation be given to the ministry at the time of the Sozo session. This money goes to the minister for the time spent with you and toward funding the needs of the ministry.
Testimonies - God is Good
* This is my testimony as a Sozo minister. In the Sozos where I have been the minister I have observed that God's presence is apparent to me every time, and to the client, to a varying degree, every time as well. I note that Father God, Jesus, and Holy Spirit are each experienced by the client. Since the goal of the Sozo is to improve the connection of the client with God, and thereby bring healing by association with Him, then I see all, or nearly all clients receive emotional, spiritual, or physical healing. Clients walk out of the Sozo with a sense of being better connected with Him. Even though there is not always a giant step forward there is an improvement that makes the Sozo worthwhile to client and to me.
Clients experience God in differing ways according to who they are and how they relate to God. Some hear Him speak to them (usually not audibly), some see something in their mind, and some sense His presence and intent. There could be a combination of these or something I haven't seen yet. This is an encouraging and informative time for the client.
Another thing I have seen in Sozos is how God puts His finger on the root of a problem then something that has bothered the client unknowingly can be dealt with quickly during the Sozo. This ususally happens by Holy Spirit bringing up an old, forgotten memory and connecting it with a current problem. Once the root is discovered it is generally dealt with easily and the client is surprised about the connection.
Sozos are not a one-time-fix for all that ails a person, but they are a great way to help an individual move forward in their walk with God. They are useful for the most spiritually mature person as well as for one who has yet to personally meet God, and everyone in between the two.
Clients frequently work out forgiveness issues during a Sozo. They might be significant hurts they are dealing with now, or they could be minor, perceived injuries from long ago. Sometimes old memories are traumatic and are healed once Father God touches them. Clients leave with a sense of relief once these offences have been dealt with.
Longing for freedom and healing for everyone,
- Jean Anderson
* We were in the presence of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. I can't add to what was experienced. What can one add to what was planned by the Lord and fulfilled by Him.
* On August 5th, I had a Sozo session. While I knew some good work had been done by the end of our time together, it wasn't until three days later that I really began to process and receive all of it.
As a result of some really "not-good" stuff in my childhood, I'd been carrying a spirit of fear my whole life. I'd worked through much of it on my own but kept hitting a wall that I just could not get past. I realized it was the fear itself that kept me from being able to conquer it completely. I was sure that the sozo would be a big noisy battle to force the spirit of fear out of my soul. And I was amazed at how little human effor it took to evict fear. A calm and simple prayer of agreement from them was all it took!! Amazing!!! I thought fear was so big and gnarly! Pfft!
But the best part of my healing was this: As a child, I built walls around my heart to protect it from all the "not-good" stuff that was happening. Building walls, we've always been told is not a good thing to do. We hadn't even talked about this in the sozo when the minister was praying over me and told me that God said building those walls was the right thing to do to protect my heart. It seemed counter-intuitive, but it was so freeing to know that.
Three days later, in my time with God, that really began to sink in. I've lived my whole life with my heart protected by those walls. I've had to rely on what my head could learn and tell me to believe. I've never really been able to give or receive love because of it. I'd always said that my head knows, but my heart doesn't believe or engage. Now I understand why.
So, I had a talk with my heart. I told it that it was okay to come out now. God was opening all the doors and windows, and knocking down the walls. And I told my heart it was okay, because we didn't need them anymore; God would protect us now. My heart no longer has to live in the darkness of the place I had built for it, and I no longer have to "man" the doors, so I can rest.
Now I'm learning about rest!!
- Rose Jordan
* Sometimes I just feel heavy. Sometimes it manifests itself with physical symptoms like a sick headache or upset stomach. The worst kind of fear is being afraid and having no clue what you are afraid of. Sometimes my mind has all this stuff going around in my head - my thoughts confusing me - negative, critical, judgemental thoughts. (This is how I felt before the Sozo)
I now know I can have a relationship with Father God, Jesus and Holy Spirit. When asked how I saw Father God (Papa) He was usually in this big chair. I've progressed to where I could approach HIm - then, sit in his lap - then, see his face. Each step forward experienced in separate Sozos.
It was different this last time. I felt comfortable. I could call him Papa. I ended up running through this very green meadow (butterflies every where). I ran up to Papa God and JUMPED INTO HIS ARMS. He twirled me around and around. We laughed together. I had never heard God laugh before. It sounded like wind, rushing water and sunshine. I asked Papa, "What is my value?" Papa put a crown on my head.
I have a new understanding. My identiity is found in Him. I don't know how to explain it - you just have to experience it for yourself. It's the difference between reading in His Word and saying, "I am a child of God."
Today I am a little girl running through green meadows covered in butterflies jumping into my Papa's arms. I'm enjoying HIm and Papa says, "I delight in you." I have never felt this closeness before. Thank You, Papa.
I learned something about love, too. I was believing the lie that love hurts. And my past experiences fell in-line with that lie. I learned that God is love. I have eperienced God's love. Love is healing. I had been praying, "Jesus, I want to love others like you love." Well, I can't. But God can. God loves through me. And that changes everything. Papa, I receive your love!! I forgave my dad's murderer. And I got my identitiy and value back. God is healing my heart.
* "I was surprised at how God spoke to the ministers about my life and were "right-on."
* "Ya'll (Sozo ministers) did an amazing job. You helped me have a better relationship with my family." (ten-year-old)
* Because Sozos are amazing and I have problems that need to be dealt with I scheduled one. It was good overall, but it also brought up a lot of memories. It made me think and pray more, concerning the things that were brought up. (teenager)
* Sozo showed me a new way to talk to God. (teenager)
* I have had several Sozos. At this last Sozo another layer got peeled off. I know I'm not done. This Sozo and the one before it have been the most beneficial to me. I am realizing that I care about people again. I find myself encouraging & praying for people again. Although I still am not as intimate with Papa, Jesus, & Holy Spirit as I would like I do believe Sozo has brought me closer than I was. I'm learning that Sozo - like salvation is not a once and for all, but an ongoing process. Because I chose to believe this was a valid ministry and kept trying it even when a couple of times I was sozoed it seemed not much happened, I can look back now and see God has been freeing me more with each Sozo. I am very thankful that this method of deliverance was discovered and brought to our congregation. I still believe at some point this ministry at Well of Life Church will explode. We will be ministering to members of other churches and people of this community. What I see is people coming like in Jesus' day. Coming in droves to sozoed, saved, healed, and delivered.